Heidelberg Pharma and Huadong Announce Strategic Partnership, Including Equity Investment
- Heidelberg Pharma grants Huadong exclusive license to develop and commercialize HDP-101 and HDP-103 in Asia1 (excluding Japan), plus exclusive opt-in rights for two more pipeline candidates, with a total deal value of up to USD 930 million (EUR 825 million)
- Huadong will also participate in a rights issue and acquire a percentage of current shareholdings from existing shareholders including dievini2, totaling EUR 105 million
- Huadong to become second largest shareholder; dievini remains largest shareholder
- Heidelberg Pharma plans rights issue of up to EUR 80 million at EUR 6.44 per share
- Conference call on Monday, 28th February 2022 at 01:00 pm CET
Heidelberg Pharma AG and Huadong Medicine Co., Ltd., Hangzhou, China, today announced that the companies have entered into a strategic partnership with the signing of an exclusive licensing agreement as well as an investment agreement. The agreements were concluded with wholly owned subsidiaries of Huadong, one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in China with a focus on oncology and ADC research, development and commercialization.